Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting closer!

I had a wonderful "going away" party at my friends' place (Erin & Drew).  They are a great couple & I love them for taking care of me :)  We had amazing food and so many people came to celebrate.  Because the theme was fiesta, we had plenty of sombreros to go around and of course a pinata.  No party of ours could be complete without karaoke, so did karaoke as well.  Gotta love it!  I have to say that I'm really going to miss these people!  At my party, we had a scrapbook table for people to make pages for me to take a small scrapbook to Nicaragua with me.  It turned out beautiful!  I love looking through the pages and it almost makes me cry--my friends are so sweet :)

Anyway, after all the enchiladas and tropical mojitos, it was back to class & teaching for me.  However, we only have 2 more official days of these so I am oh so excited to almost be DONE!!  I can't believe it went by sooo fast, but I'm really glad that it has because I'm anxiously awaiting my trip to Oregon.

I got an email today from Peace Corps staff with some updated packing info and reminding us of our approaching staging date (as if I had forgotten...I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about it haha) and I found out for sure that I'll be going to Washington DC!  Woo!  I'm so excited about that because I have never been there before :)  Of course I won't have time to walk around and see all the landmarks, but hopefully I'll at least get to see the White House.  Staging is only a day long, just to fill out paperwork, meet others, and possibly get some shots? Ouch!  I'm not sure if I'll be leaving early morning that day and arrive to DC in the later afternoon, or if they'll fly me in the night before??  I'm hoping the night before so I can scope out some things, but I'm not entirely sure what will happen.  They said we'll be receiving more info "in the near future"--any day now?  It's just a funny waiting game and if you know me, I don't really like to wait! haha  I'm learning to be more patient with these kinds of things...

The countdown for Oregon is now 5 days...I'll be there on Sunday!!

The countdown for Nicaragua is 36 days!  Oh my gosh I can't believe it!  Breathe in; breathe out...deep breaths.  !Ay caramba!  I'm getting so nervous/anxious/excited and so many other adjectives.  Part of my bounciness could be from the Moolatte I just drank in 5minutes, but I really am looking forward to so many things coming up soon!  Yay :)

See you Oregonians sooooooon!

P.S.  If you want to add something to my scrapbook and you won't be in Oregon this next month, you can send something to me via snail mail.  The pages in my scrapbook are 8" x 8" and many people included a picture of themselves with me, or a picture of just them, or one of their family.  This makes it more special so I can remember what everyone looks like haha  Anyway, you probably have my address, but if you don't, I can send it to you, but I don't want to post it on here so everyone in cyberspace can have access to it.  Just make sure to mail it by August 23rd to make sure I get it before I leave.

Pictures from the party:

 Erin is such a great friend & awesome party host!

Food!

Friends :)

BFFs ;)

Scrapbooking

Pinata!

Dancing sombreros :)

3 comments:

  1. Tropical mojitos before teaching? That aint right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there were 2 days in between mojitos and teaching so I think I had enough time to recover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a ton of fun and good food! :) Glad you were able to make so many friends while at Gonzaga

    ReplyDelete