Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bittersweet Memories...

This day always seemed so far away.  Today I'm having a "going away" party as I'll be leaving Spokane in exactly 7 days.  Don't know where all the time went, but the days were spent well.  I've been getting excited to celebrate my adventure with friends, but now that the time approaches, I want time to creep slower than it ever has.  It's going to be very hard to say goodbye to the friends that I've made here, but I know that I'll be back to see them again.  I have been planning to go into the Peace Corps for about two years now, but saying goodbye makes it so much more real.  There's been days here that I wish could have lasted forever, times where I was lonely, weeks where I anxiously waited for my departure date, celebrations where I smiled and laughed for hours.  These are bittersweet memories, knowing that I've been blessed to experience all these things, but sad to give them all up.  I look forward to what's in store for me in the future and I can't wait to be in Nicaragua, but I'm leaving pieces of my heart that are scattered throughout Washington, Oregon, Tennessee, Arizona, Colorado, and wherever else my family and friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment