Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Love Summer!

Summertime is really the best.  Although I do like schedules and managing my time, summer is so carefree and is a nice break from all the craziness...well, I'm still taking a class and teaching, but you know what I mean.

Favorite things about summer:
-sunshine
-barefeet!!!!
-sleeping in
-beautiful sunsets
-fresh-cut grass
-blue skies with wispy clouds
-shade from trees
-flowers in bloom
-playing outside and getting dirty
-the familiar tune of the ice cream man
-bbqs (or at least the smell of one from your neighbors)
-swimming outdoors
-camping
-hiking
-picnics
-badminton
-outdoor parties
-outside light until 9:30pm
-taking pictures 


The list could go on forever... I love summer :)

2 comments:

  1. Things I hate about summer in the south
    1) Instantly sweating when stepping outside.
    2) Wearing pants is not an option.
    3) Still sweating at 11 o clock at night.
    4) All the damn rain.
    5) Did I mention its freaking hot here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha I miss you. I think I might just encounter some very similar situations in Nicaragua... But I bet you can't wait for summer in Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete