Friday, August 31, 2012

Say what?!

So I'm at my Close of Service (COS) conference right now and it's great to see everybody in our group (both the English & Environment PCVs).  Very cool.  We had language exams on Wednesday and then 2 days here at the beach for a conference.  Is it fair that they have us closed up in a freezing cold (because of AC) conference room that has floor to ceiling windows that overlook the ocean???  Not really.  Well, at least we're in a beautiful location and staying in nice hotel rooms and eating delicious food :)

Ok, so that language stuff.  I was kinda nervous about the test/interview so Edwin practiced with me.  Then I got super nervous when I got to the PC office and had to sit around and wait with all the other PCVs there talking about the upcoming interviews.  The interview actually went really well and it was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be.  I felt good after the interview and honestly felt like I really did my best.  It was frightening for me before because I found out I would be interviewing with the language department director here, but it actually turned out really well.

We had to wait for our results until last night, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I got "Advanced Medium"!  Sweet!  I was just shooting to get "Advanced", so that exceeded my expectations :)  I was so surprised when my boss told me and I was excited to tell my friends who had been encouraging me.  I even went back into the room to ask my boss to make sure it was really my score and not another Megan in the group haha  But, it was correct!

And now I'm here at the beach and we're celebrating our accomplishments with our group and we gave some small gifts to our bosses.  It's been a wonderful time so far and it's starting to really hit me that we're going to be leaving soon and going to have to say goodbye to our friends here.  Gotta soak up the rest of the time we have here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment