Friday, August 17, 2012

In case you didn't know...

I only have 13 weeks left in Nicaragua! 

Remember this?  My countdown chain is shortening!
AND, I'm not sick anymore!!! :D  I went to my community class last night (finally) and it went pretty well.  Edwin came to help out as well.  Unfortunately, only 3 students were there because of rain & other issues, and the band at the school was practicing in the next room so we were having to yell...just another normal thing here in Nicaragua in August/September.

So, I ended up going to Managua and got to see a doctor and got some medicine for different skin issues I'm having (sun damage, etc.)--so thankful for "free" medical here!  I ended up having to stay the night (unexpected), but it was actually a good experience because I got to meet some new PCVs, went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant (delicious!!), took not one but TWO hot showers, and lounged on a bed in the AC room :)  I definitely needed that!  But, now I'm back in Boaco and things are fairly well.  I've been stressed lately though just thinking about all these things I gotta figure out with PC and my life in general.  It's difficult trying to "plan" when there's so much unknown & things are all up in the air.  Maybe I'm over thinking everything...I have a habit of doing that, but I guess that comes with my super-planner personality.  I just gotta relax!  I just laughed when writing that because I know that I can't "just relax" when I have so many things on my mind and want to plan out everything that's coming up.  I just get too excited about things & want to plan it out. 

Ok, so here's what I'm dealing with.  1. I guess school stuff should be #1, even though I'm not all entirely excited about it.  But, it's something I'm dealing with & gotta work on too.  2. Any upcoming small trips around Nicaragua that Frank & I wanna do before our time is up.  3. Despedida (going away party) that Edwin wants to plan for me& my fellow PCVs...he wants me to invite everyone & help him with some details.  4. Central/South America trip with Frank.  We have decided on some dates, but gotta figure out exact bus times, flights & prices, then all the lodging details.  5. Oregon!  I'm SO excited for this one since I haven't been in Oregon in 2 years!  I can't believe it!  I've made a list of some places I wanna take Frank & even started listing food I wanna eat (totally normal for a PCV to think about).  6. Gonzaga.  I figured out my housing--I'll be living where I lived before I left for PC, which is nice & very convenient (fully furnished place & about 3 blocks away from campus).  7. The rest of my life... Where am I going to live?  What job will I get?  When will I get married? What will I do??????  This part is what's stressing me out the most as of lately because, well the elephant in the room...Frank is from Maryland and Megan is from Oregon.  Could we have found someone from a further distance in the big old USA?  haha  That doesn't quite make things easy, but I know we will figure things out.  I guess the unknown of jobs, living arrangements, etc. is just kinda scary, especially when it's less than a year away.  I'm excited that I'll be finishing up at Gonzaga but then it's on to "real life" and big decisions.  Ugh.  Can't we sign up for an all-inclusive package deal or something?  I think I've been looking at travel websites too much! haha

Well, if you're reading this, be sure to send out a prayer, good vibes, happy thoughts, etc. for me so I can stop stressing & just RELAX ;)

Maybe this little guy will help take my mind off things...

1 comment:

  1. You're right.You can't help but smile when you look at Dyland.Sooo sweet.Love chatting with you,call anytime.

    ReplyDelete