Sunday, August 5, 2012

Four cakes and a pizza

I didn't have any expectations for my birthday, just wanted to stay in town to be with my Nica family and of course my boy :)  I slept in, took it easy in the morning, and made myself a big cake, which turned out to be cake #1 of 4 of the day. 




Edwin, my counterpart with the Access program, told me to go to the school in the afternoon, which I assumed was going to be a little party or something with the students.  It was great!  They sang a couple songs and we had snacks and more cake.  I actually didn't eat a piece of cake there, but they gave me the "extra" cake to take home.  Seriously?! Cake #2 and 3 picture below.



After the party with the students, I headed back home to do laundry and then my boy came!  He was so sweet and brought me flowers and ice cream :)  He really knows me! haha    He also got me a nice new leather wallet and a piece of special pottery from Matagalpa.  We went out to dinner at a pizza place to check out the new ownership and enjoyed some much better pizza then what was there before.  Pizza #1.

The next step was heading over to my host aunt's house to visit, which turned into another party and cake #4.  We celebrated and hung out til the evening quieted down.



It was a great birthday, but unfortunately the next morning I woke up not feeling so hot and now I'm taking anti-parasite meds...Boo!  Not sure how they got to me, but Frank was a good sport and took care of me :)  I'm still healing, but lying low since my stomach still doesn't feel right.  Well, at least it didn't happen ON my birthday and at least it was the weekend, I guess.  I don't plan on going to school tomorrow though since I wanna make sure I feel a little better. 

Besides the bugs, the birthday was a success and I'm officially 25!  Thanks for celebrating with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment