Monday, February 6, 2012

Trickery

Ruth & Jasser tricked me into eating something the other night that I definitely wouldn't have eaten had I known what it was.  It didn't taste terrible, just different.  They were looking at me with smirks on their faces after telling me "oh it's just mixed meat and rice that's been charred over the fire".  Hmmm, well I ran over to Ruth's sister-in-law's house next door to ask her and she revealed the ingredients: sausage made from pig's blood that's boiled in the intestines.  I felt like I was going to throw up after that and I lost a little trust in my "siblings" ;)  I ate a little more after that, but couldn't do much more.  It's funny how your mind can trick you too.  Well, there's my weird Nica food story...glad that's over with :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, been there, done that! :o) It's part of the fun of travel!! I have a proposition for you. . .I'm teaching American Lit this year and working with our 20th Cent. II teacher. And. . .we're going to study about the Peace Corps!! Can I set up a blog for my kids to ask you questions/etc? If you're too busy, or it's not a good time, let me know! :o) Miss your sweetness!! :o) Ranada

    ReplyDelete