Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tortillas

After planning with my counterpart (host uncle) today, my aunt taught me how to make tortillas :)  I had asked her last week if she could teach me sometime, so today was the day.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera to capture this moment, but my sis ensured me that we will make tortillas again.  It was fun and I felt like I was experiencing more of the culture.  I've seen people make tortillas and it's a big part of the Nica life.  Usually women get up very early in the morning to make dozens of tortillas and then go around and sell them door to door for breakfast.  People usually buy them in the morning to last the whole day (or a few days).  Tonight we made tortillas from corn flour.  They were delicious of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment