Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birds

I've had a general dislike of birds ever since sophomore year of college when a bird decided to come in through our stove vent and take up residence in our rented house.  She then built a nest, and her babies hatched, scratched, and chirped inside our walls.  This was annoying in itself, and then some fell down the stove vent over our stove and pooped on our stove.  How to get a whole family of birds out of your overhead stove vent?  Well, a couple fell out after we detached the fan (yes, they had fallen down the vent onto the fan blades right above our stove), and well the others, they had built their next about 10 feet in from the external vent, just far enough not to be able to reach it with a broom or something like that.  To make a long story short, our landlord's son came and had to hose them out.  Not quite the happy ending, but we couldn't have birds living in our vents and pooping on our stove...

Anyway, why am I talking about birds and bringing back such horrific memories from the past??  Well, I'm visiting Frank because he's sick and I decided to wash his clothes since there was a rather large pile of dirty clothes (as there usually is...).  Yesterday, Frank came home and met me in the back where I was washing and I handed him jeans to hang up and as he reached for them, a bird pooped on him.  It was pretty funny, but then he didn't help me hang up the wet clothes :(  Well later today I returned to find that the bird (or another one) had pooped in the lavandero (washboard area). That's annoying.  I cleaned it out and then washed one of Frank's towels.  He was talking to me and I was just about done washing the towel and the bird pooped on my arm and part of the towel.  Frank was about to laugh at me, but then hit his head on the tin roof, which was hilarious.  But then I had to re-wash part of the towel and my arm.  Dang birds!

Needless to say, I still dislike birds.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way towards birds. The worse for me are common grackles and pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know how much I love birds!!!

    ReplyDelete