Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Exhausted

It was a very long weekend and I'm glad to be back "home" in Boaco.  It was really nice to see some of my friends in Leon and get to hang out with Frank for a couple days.  We made pizza and yummy pancakes in Leon for a going away party for one of my friends who will be leaving in November.  I got to explore Leon a little more with friends--found out that you can go on top of the Cathedral--great views!  Then, I got to relax a little and cook with Frank.  We also went up to Esteli for the day to visit one of our favorite spots "La Casita".  It serves homemade wheat bread, European cheeses, fresh honey, hummus, and banana bread, yogurt smoothies, teas, and more :)  It's so yummy and fairly inexpensive.  Well, it is inexpensive, but not too bad for us volunteers either.  I wish it was closer to where I live so I could indulge in that deliciousness more often, but I just have to save it for special trips.  It's only an hour and a half away from Frank's place. 

We both had to go into Managua for medical check-ups and now the craziness of traveling has died down.  I'm WAY behind on posting pictures ugh!  But, I was happy to slow things down and take it easy for a couple days.  I will post pictures tomorrow or at least post a link to my facebook account if I get them uploaded there.  I promise!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment