Thursday, March 22, 2012

With a little help from my friend

I just got back from my 2nd community night class and it went really well.  The students are catching on quickly and they are doing a good job of getting up and practicing dialogues and such.  I was very impressed.  Also, the teacher who works for the Access program here in Boaco, Edwin, came to my class and co-taught with me.  He really livened things up--he always has so much energy and is so fun to work with.  It kinda made me realize that I was probably putting the students to sleep :(  BUT, it's a good thing he was there because we got to work together and I appreciated the help and I'm sure the students enjoy the different perspectives.  I think it's also great for them to see a Nica speaking English fluently.  He still makes errors and such, but he is confident and so positive.  It's great!  That really brightened my evening and I'm so thankful for him.

Edwin was already talking about plans for Monday so I'm looking forward to working with him more in this class.  I'm surprised he wants to do the class with me because it's completely voluntary and he already works all day teaching elementary students in the morning and high school students in the afternoon (til 6pm), so he's got to be exhausted.  He sure doesn't ever look like it though!  He is only 24 though so maybe that's why.  It's pretty fun having a counterpart teacher my age and he's so open to new things and he's excited to learn.  I'm glad that he teaches me things too and that he's a good friend--where would we be without our friends (and family, of course)?

No comments:

Post a Comment