Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March!

Wow! Another month has come and gone and the countdown continues.  I have now completed 18 months here in Nicaragua, and only have 8 1/2 left to go... I saw pictures of snow in Oregon today--oh I can't wait for that when I get back :)  It's been a little cooler here in Boaco in the evenings & early mornings (mid 70's) but it's gonna get HOT very soon. 

Festivities coming up in March:
2nd: classes are canceled so students can attend circus--really?!
4th: Boaco's 117th? anniversary--I'm not really sure on the number, but they celebrate every year, not just the 25's, 50's, and 100's
8th: International Women's Day--hug a woman :)
10th: Little Dyland's 1st birthday--not gonna be as big as the baptism, but should be a fun one (pun intended)
11th: Daylight Savings--well we don't observe that here, but good to know for my phone calls home...
17th: St. Patty's Day (and my Grandpa's birthday)--wear green and pinch someone for me ;)

More birthdays and such, but no other days off of school (at least not planned as of yet) for Nicaragua ;)  Let me know if I forgot something!

No comments:

Post a Comment