Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SSSLLOOOOOOWWWW down

This week has been rather slow and the rain has helped to keep me indoors.  I went to the instituto Monday morning, but they were turning in grades so my counterpart had left because they weren't teaching after recess.  What?  Yeah.  I called him and he said he forgot to tell me.  Oops.  So, I went back home and worked on some things. 

I went back in the afternoon, after texting my other cp to see if my lady cp was there and not home sick again.  He told me she was there and asked for me to look for him when I got there.  Oh goody!  Maybe, he wants to plan with me (finally).  Nope.  He asked me to help him with this crossword puzzle in English and then said goodbye.  Oh, and that maybe we can plan sometime.  Hmm, ok.

I found my lady cp and the students were finally getting to do their presentations on asking for/giving prices and I was actually excited to see the effort they put into them.  It was fun and they did a pretty good job answering questions.  I was impressed by some of their drawings too. 

Later that day I was supposed to meet with my cp (that ditched me in the morning) so I passed by his house and he told me that he had to Managua Tuesday so we could just meet Tuesday evening when he got back.  Ok.  On my way home, I stopped by the ministry of education (MINED) building to let the superintendent (delegada) know we were going to give a workshop for the teachers this weekend.  She wasn't there so I left a note, and then I saw some pretty cool Nicaragua maps just lying there so I asked about those and walked out with a free map.  Score! 

So, back home and not much to do.  Good thing Frank told me about this cool show called "Raising Hope".  We watched a ton of episodes this past weekend and I checked out a couple more in my free time :)  Also, nobody showed up to my adults English class that night (most likely because of the rain we've been having and their forgetfulness...), so I had plenty of time to myself and I made a delicious soup.  Yep, it's soup weather right now!  I started with a base of cream of mushroom and then added fresh veggies: carrots, string beans, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, potatoes, and a free pieces of tomato at the end so they wouldn't get mushy.  It was delicious!!  I shared some with my sick little sister and she enjoyed it too. 

Tuesday was pretty slow too, but I actually got a lot done.  I just took my time and went at my own pace.  I didn't have classes since my cp was in Managua.  So, I worked on making materials for classes coming up and planned some things for the Embassy camp.  I had my kids class in the afternoon and I was happy for that because I got out into the fresh air and the rain had stopped briefly. 

I came back home and got to work on things.  I sort of avoided lesson stuff and went into organizing all of the supplies I have and sorted them out to distribute to some teachers.  It feels so good having things organized and in their place :) 

I didn't really have anything to plan for the next day since I wasn't going to have any classes, so I did my own thing.  I picked up a book that Frank brought me, Pride and Prejudice.  I absolutely love the movie, but I hadn't read the book yet.  He saw it in the the PCV library in the office so he picked it up for me--how sweet :)  I started that and as expected, I love it.  Great to have a good book to read, especially in this weather!

Well, today I got to sleep in again.  It feels awesome!  I'm not going to get used to it, but I might as well enjoy it while I can, right?  Yes!  

I read a little and tried to fix the slowness on my computer.  I think it worked because it's agreeing with me more which I like.  My host mom told me that my cp (host uncle) was heading to Managua today, so that meant I was not going to be able to plan with him this afternoon.  Hmm, my schedule is freeing up by the second.  Then, I got a text from one of my sitemates saying that I had a package! Wahoo!  I got a package from one of my mom's BFFs, Laurie.  She's so sweet.  Always sending me fun stuff.  Thanks :) 

So, I guess I should plan my lessons for the Embassy camp and make some phone calls since I really have no excuse to avoid them.  Ha.  I have been enjoying the slowness though.  Hmmm, I'll consider doing something productive as long as I can stay in my pajama pants ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment