Thursday, October 6, 2011

Making progress

I didn't go to many classes this week, but the ones I did go to were pretty good, at least today.  The students were talkative like always, but I managed to get them to quiet down enough to get down to business.  We were talking about money and using the questions "how much is/how much are...?" to talk about prices.  I presented a poster with "Megan's store" on the top with drawings of objects that you'd find in a store selling school supplies.  I asked the students to choose an item, which had the English name, and then we asked "how much is the notebook?" and I gave a price and we wrote the sentences.  This part wasn't super exciting, but they participated so that was good.  Then, I told them that they were going to make their own stores and draw some items they would like to "sell" and make questions with prices.  They worked in small groups and I was surprised that all the students were working.  I gave them time to ask me questions about vocabulary they might not know, because I let them choose whatever kind of store they wanted, so some chose hardware stores.  Even the kids that never really do anything in class, they were actually working with their groups and writing things down.  Awesome!  I was happy :)  Can't wait til Monday when they present their "stores".  I'll have to take pictures--can't forget my camera at Frank's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment