Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Better

Today I didn't do a ton of things (the day's not over yet), but I felt better about things.  I went to the embassy class this morning and the students did presentations on famous places in Washington DC.  I had given a presentation on Washington DC and assigned them some homework to research other places and present it to their classmates.  It was fun and they did the whole presentation in English.  Although some copied a large portion from the internet, they at least read it out loud in English haha  It wasn't a graded assignment so it was pretty low key.  I was impressed by one student in particular that has pretty good pronunciation and I can tell that she studies a lot and really cares about the class and her schoolwork in general.  She seems like a great kid!

After class, I walked home and then worked out with my host mom.  We hadn't worked out in a little while so it was fun to get back into it.  Also, we were talking and I found out that there's a gym close by our house that I never knew about.  Hazzell really wants to go so we might check it out later.  I'm really excited because I had only heard of/seen one gym here in Boaco and it's up in Boaco arriba (up all the hills) and it's only open during weird hours of the day.  You know, like 5am.  Who gets up at 5am, right? hehe  Not me.  That's for sure.  :) 

Anyway, I watched a movie and then chatted with my host mom & aunt for a little.  And now I'm headed over to my counterpart's (host uncle) house to plan for next week.  Hope it works out!  Cheers to a better day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment