Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rocky roads and cold snickers bars

Things have been a little rocky lately... I've been having a lot of issues trying to get together with counterparts to plan lessons and organize things, which has been very frustrating!  Things have been piling up and it has been getting tougher for me to be patient.  I've talked with my bosses and we're trying to get things worked out but I don't want things to be awkward between me and my counterpart teachers if I have to change counterparts or something.  I'm in a difficult position and I'm trying to be calm and figure out what to do.  Yesterday, after a rough day, I retreated to my hammock and indulged in a snickers bar that had been in my fridge to keep it from melting.  I needed that.  Frank also talked to me and encouraged me.  It's nice to have someone here for support.  I'm not exactly what I'm going to do to resolve this situation yet, but today I was doing a devotional and cracked open my Bible and found some inspiration...

"What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever" 2 Cor. 4:18
In the devotion it talks about rough times and times where we grow tired and weary and we are unsure of what to do and we may want to give up.  But, in the end it says, "God never said that the journey would be easy, but he did say that the arrival would be worthwhile."

I find so much encouragement in the verses I read this morning and know that God is with me here in Nicaragua and pulling me up when I've fallen and when I feel like I have no strength to continue or no motivation to solve reoccurring problems...
"Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  2 Cor. 4: 16-18

When you find yourself on rocky roads and turning toward cold snickers bars and hammocks for relief, take hope in God's precious promise and His mighty Word. 

P.S.  I might need some more chocolate soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie, your next box should restock supplies..keep your chin up, smile and keep reading!!Glad you have Frank to give you the words of encouragement when they are needed most.Just waiting for the gel pad to repack box and send.Love you tons,mom

    ReplyDelete