Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrations continue...

Since yesterday was National Teacher's Day, I had heard that there was going to be an acto for the teachers today at my instituto.  One of my counterparts said that he wasn't going to be teaching because each section was giving an acto and the students would be leaving early.  He told me he probably wasn't going, but I went anyway.  He was there.  He ended up teaching class in the morning, reviewing and improvising--wish we could have worked on something yesterday...  Anyway, I had a break in between the first class and the next class I was "teaching" with him, so I relaxed in the teacher's lounge and read a book.  I talked to the principal and he told me that the acto would begin at 10am, right when my next class was going to begin.  I'm not sure why they don't do these during the 30 minute recess (9:30-10am)--yes, there's recess in high school.  Well, the bell rang and I didn't see anything set up where they usually have actos so I walked over to the classroom.  There was loud music coming from inside and the students had set up a huge stereo system and pushed all the chairs to the walls.  They were setting up a celebration in the classroom for their "guia" teacher (kind of like homeroom--it's a teacher that's in charge of their section).  My counterpart, well my counterpart's son because my counterpart is sick right now, is a substitute so he's not a guia teacher so we just left, after I showed off one dance move for the students.  I think I surprised them because they had been asking me to dance because there was music playing and kept telling me there wasn't class and that I could only go in the classroom if I was going to dance.  So, I walked out while doing a little dance and they screamed and cheered.  It was fun.  Needless to say, there weren't any more classes so I jumped in a taxi and went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment