Sunday, June 26, 2011

I have a shadow...but it's not sunny.

We have some visitors from the finca--a lady and her 3 1/2 year old daughter.  The little girl has taken a liking to me (I've become a kid magnet lately) and she's been following me around the house, copying my movements, repeat funny sounds I make, and laughing hysterically when I move my eyebrows in a funny way.  It's actually pretty cute.  I didn't get a picture of the little one yet, but I'm sure I'll have my chance.  An interesting thing about her though is that she doesn't talk.  She makes sounds and points to people and things, but can't say a word.  I thought maybe she had a hearing problem or something, because she's 3 1/2 so she should be able to say a lot of things by now.  However, I taught her a word (and English word) tonight.  I was filling up my water bottles and said "bottle", to which she repeated "boggle" haha  It was sweet.  I knew she heard me though.  She repeated it several times :)  I also taught her to stick out her tongue and wiggle it back and forth...maybe not the best thing for a 3 1/2 year old who occasionally throws tantrums to learn.  Oops! hehe  It was all part of my linguistic testing to see if she had speech problems because of the improper movement of her tongue...or something like that ;) 

Anyway, my little shadow has an attitude sometimes and craves attention so when I wasn't giving her any, or not as much as she wanted, she kept leaning over on my bed and then (accidentally) knocked down my mosquito net. I'll let it slide since I taught her the bad tongue habit ;)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like she doesn't get much attention and people may not speak directly to her much or sound things out? that stinks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my little shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel: Yeah, it's a little sad. I had a fun time with her--she's a happy kid :)

    Mom: That's precious. I miss our Old Navy and Target trips...cribbage at the coffee shop too. Frank & I have been playing cribbage a lot lately--he thinks he can beat me HA! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete