Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

It's been in the 100's the past few days, so basically it's ridiculously hot.  Walking home from the instituto is usually good exercise, but now I'm thinking it could be dangerous as I walk up and down hills and arrive home drenched in sweat with a near purple face.  I have been using my umbrella for shade--never thought I would have to do that, being from Oregon.  At first it was a little embarrassing--who uses umbrellas for anything else than rain, right?  Wrong.  Umbrellas save lives here.  My umbrella will probably protect me from the sun more than the rain here in Nicaragua.  When it is the rainy season, it rains sideways anyway so an umbrella doesn't really help unless you don't have a jacket.  Anyway, because it's so darn hot here, I invested in a fan for my bedroom.  Wow, what a difference that makes!  I can now sleep a little more comfortably.  We all know how miserable it is trying to fall asleep in unbearable heat, right?  Well, I'm sure you can imagine (all of you who are still in the cold months).  I definitely feel a lot better.  Hazzell said she's gonna sneak into my room to sleep with the fan haha

No comments:

Post a Comment