Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Part of the team

So I have had some issues with my school and cooperation from the principal and people higher up in the past few months.  There are always some political things and confusion about the involvement of Peace Corps, etc.  However, this past week my director called me into his office and invited my counterparts also, and presented me with one of the polos that the teachers wear at the instituto.  It has the instituto emblem on it and they had my name embroidered on it as well.  They said that I'm part of their team and I needed a shirt to wear there.  It was such a sweet gesture and really made me feel welcome :)


I wore my shirt today for my presentation with the ministry of education and PC staff.  My boss was pretty impressed so that made me excited :)  My site-mate was a little jealous that he didn't get one since he's been here for 2 years, but I'm pretty sure they have one for him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment