Friday, March 25, 2011

Workshop


This morning we had teaching training at our school and I was asked to give a workshop for the English teachers on communicative activities.  I planned things and got excited and presented today.  Well, it was going well, but the teachers kept interrupting me and trying to suggest things before I was finished explaining things.  That was frustrating, but I kept my cool and asked them to wait a little so I could finish my point and then we would discuss what they wanted to add.  My workshop took a lot longer than I had anticipated because of all the distractions, but it was good because they didn’t plan for anyone else to do anything for the rest of the training.  I did get the teachers to sign up for a future workshop that Andrea (another TEFL PCV in Tecolostote, Boaco) and I will be giving about our PC TEFL manual that includes activities and lesson ideas for English teachers.  I hope that one goes well :)  

The rest of the day was good though.  One of my friends came in to town to hang out a little and I also talked to friends on the phone to share our TEPCE (monthly school meeting) stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment