Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baseball

This weekend one of my counterparts invited me to go to a baseball game in Boaco.  He has actually invited me several times, but I've always been busy, but this Saturday I had time to go :)  It was actually a pretty fun time.  The teams consist of players from age 16 up to 42 and they wear real uniforms.  It almost looked professional.  Anyway, there were a couple of exciting things that involved foul balls.  There are fences up to protect the crowd, but the fencing is a little too open so a couple foul balls hit the fence and went straight through.  Yikes!  One ball got stuck in the fence and 4 kids ran, jumped onto the fence, and climbed 15 feet up to fight for the ball while the crowd cheered them on.  It scared me a little, but they made it down just fine. 

I bought some shaved ice at the game which cooled me down.  I wish I had some of that right now as I sit in the 98 degree heat :(  Ugh!  I need to buy a fan! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! What a fun picture! Shaved ice is one of the best things in the world! I hope the weather cools down for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a fan for my room so it feels much better now :)

    ReplyDelete