Thursday, February 3, 2011

Guacamole

I’ve never really been that into avocado, ever since I worked at Big Town Hero and had to make sandwiches with avocado and the green mush got all over my hands.  However, it’s getting into avocado season here and everyone is just so excited.  I’ve been given a half of an avocado to just eat plain.  While many people crave for this, I just don’t care for avocado by itself.  My host mom made “guacamol” which is chopped up avocado and hardboiled egg.  It was different, but pretty good.  I have tried guacamole a few times in the states and it’s been hit or miss.  So, I decided to make my own here.  I’ve only liked guacamole when there are chunks of tomatoes and onions to break up the avocado mush.  Well, I made some and my family thought it was really good.  I guess I make some mighty fine guacamole and I was excited to introduce it to my host family here.  Avocados are a little spendy, especially now because it’s not quite the beginning of the season so they are hard to find.  They do go a long way though when making guacamole.  I told Jasser that I could make it for the baby shower if they wanted me to.  We’ll be on the lookout for avocados this weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment