Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another week has come and gone

I was sick this past weekend and it carried through Monday so I missed school that day, and then Tuesday morning as well, so no classes.  I managed to get to the school Tuesday afternoon to meet with one of my counterparts to plan for Wednesday and she was very excited to have me working with her.  I didn't see my other counterpart and found out he hadn't come to school Monday or Tuesday either--glad I didn't try going to his classes if he wasn't there anyway (P.S. nobody calls to tell me any of this...).  So, I met with another counterpart Wednesday afternoon to plan for the next week.  I asked him what he had planned for Thursday because I would be coming to observe.  Then he told me he wasn't going to be there because he had a dr. appt.  I told him thank you for telling me because I had been planning on going and he hadn't told me before that he wasn't going to be there.  He laughed and said, "oh you didn't ask me".  Hmmm...shouldn't he be telling me?  Well, he never has saldo (credit) on his phone to call/text, so he doesn't respond to my messages or call me back.  So that's a little frustrating...

Anyway, I was excited to finally start teaching so I headed off to the instituto but as I arrived, some students told me that the teacher wasn't there and so they were leaving... Ok, so I went and talked to the director (principal) and he confirmed that my counterpart didn't show up that day.   I waited a little while because it wasn't quite 4:30pm and I didn't want to leave before the class time started just in case she was running late.  Well, she never showed.  I was disappointed because I really wanted to teach that day. 

Apparently I should call my counterparts before their classes to make sure they're going to be there...one of my counterparts doesn't have a phone though so this should be interesting.  Just something I have to be flexible with.  I'm not as much frustrated with people that aren't able to make it to things because we all have personal things that come up, but it would be nice to get a phone call or a text message letting me know they won't be there so I'm not left wondering what's going on. 

2 comments:

  1. We mailed another package today 3.1.2011. This one was 20 lb of school supplies. We hope you are doing well and that work is going a bit smoother. Stay healthy. We love you. Grandpa & Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much :) Love you! I`ll call you soon.

    ReplyDelete