Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vacation from Vacation

I'm here in Pochomil, Managua, Nicaragua right now enjoying a vacation from my vacation. We're staying at a little beach resort, which is such a treat. This is actually our get together with our whole TEFL group and our counterparts to refresh our minds getting into the gears of school and to get to know everybody.


After a few long bus rides and a hectic bus schedules, bus times change on Sunday, but are not always predictable or posted, we found our hotel and settled in. We had a little meet and greet and then headed to dinner, which was delicious. Some of us wanted to check out the beach even though it was dark, so we went out there and touched the warm ocean, yes Oregonians I said warm ocean ;) We walked along the beach for awhile and since it was low tide we found some neat shells! Yes Mom, I grabbed some for you :)

We came back to the hotel and everybody was getting excited for karaoke and asked me to get it started because I had started deaf karaoke with our group and they loved it. I was going to sing one of my favorite karaoke songs: Tina Turner “What’s love got to do with it”, but they didn’t have it so I sang “Wake me up before you go go” with Sam (my fellow Oregonian). I encouraged others to get in there and before we knew it, the dance floor was rockin’. We had so much fun and we even got our bosses to sing a song, which was fun because they told us before they were observers. The party went on for awhile, which kind of surprised me since we were in an open-air bar in the middle of the resort, but I think they shut things down around 11pm, so not too late to disturb too many people. I will post pictures later because I didn’t have my camera.

Tomorrow we have meetings, but hopefully we’ll get some beach time :)

5 comments:

  1. thanks for thinking of me with the shells.Hotel sounds great,add it to our list of possibles when we come,loved talking to you tonite,,,,and love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. Though I love reading about vacation and travel, I even love it better when I'm reading about people's experiences traveling and helping other cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must of been tough staying on the beach. They must have poor tires on thier buses or the roads are very rough. looks like you are getting in the grove with your cooking. I sure would get a spare key made those breakins could be a hazard to your health (smile) Love you Grandpa & grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beach, warm water, shells --- sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place is great, but we haven't gotten too much beach time.

    ReplyDelete