Thursday, January 20, 2011

Getting in Shape

So I’ve been working out a lot more often lately and trying to eat healthier food, but Jasser is not keeping up with it. Last night I asked him if he wanted to work out with me today, well I made him promise he would. So today, I got out my pilates/aerobics dvd (which he agreed to do) and we got ready. He was in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip flops. Hmmm… I asked if he had any tennis shoes or shorts. Nope. We started working out and I kinda had to laugh a little at him, but he was trying. However, he gave up half way through and watched me finish the video. I told him that at first it’s gonna be difficult, but if he keeps up with it, it will become easier. We’ll see! Tomorrow we’re gonna try tackling the stairs to Boaco arriba. I’ll see if I can get him going. He didn’t want to work out before noon today, but I got him to start at 11:15am. It’s gonna take some work, but I’m excited and I feel better after working out.


We went to Jasser’s aunt’s house for lunch afterwards and his cousin was asking us questions about working out and then she asked me how much I weigh. Apparently it’s okay to ask people this and not a big deal. I haven’t weighed myself in quite awhile, so I honestly said I didn’t know. It still made me feel uncomfortable because they kept with it and were surprised I didn’t know and she said I could weigh myself next time I come by. Um, no thanks. :)  It might be kind of interesting to see if I have lost weight because a lot of volunteers usually gain weight because of the carbs, starches, and sugars in all the food here, but it could be depressing if I’ve gained weight, so I’m just gonna wait until I know for sure I’ve lost weight to check.   Haha

2 comments:

  1. judging from your pictures it looks like you toned up since you left. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete