Friday, January 28, 2011

Jasser's Workshop

We’re going to have a baby shower for my host sister Ruth next weekend and I’ve been working in Jasser’s workshop. He’s at it again. He surprises me every time with his creativity and desire to go above and beyond. Jasser showed me some things that he had bought for the baby shower which included some plastic diaper pins, but they were pink and Ruth is having a baby boy. That didn’t stop him. We painted all 36 of the pins with yellow nail polish to include in the party favors. It made me really think about the times that I have gone to buy party decorations or things like that. He puts so much work into making them himself and he enjoys it. Although it’s a lot more work, it’s cheaper than buying a bunch of pre-made things at the store, and he really doesn’t have anything to do right now (and neither do I) haha I helped paint some Styrofoam circles too and cut some little sticks. Here is a picture of what he’s making for the party favors. It’s not exactly what I would think of as a party favor.


He’s making 36 of these! And, he’s making a large display to put the party favors on for the party. Here’s a picture of what it looks like before paint.


I’m always impressed by his work: the purisima, Christmas, and his friend’s birthday party. It’s given me some good ideas for decorating in the future :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you should encourage him to start a business about decoration...wonder how many events (baby showers, weddings, quincieañeros) are going on in the city?? as you just said about his "creativity and desire to go above and beyond" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a lady came over to ask if he could help decorate for another baby shower. He probably could make a business out of it.

    ReplyDelete