Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Locked out

I locked my keys in my room for the first time at my house here in Boaco.  I knew the day would come.  Jasser and I were going to go visit his aunt and grandparents and I stepped out of my room, closed the door, took 3 steps and said "Oh, crap!"  A rush of panic came over me.  I immediately told Jasser in a sad voice.  Unfortunately, there are no spare keys for my room...and the rest of the family was at the farm that's without cell service.  Well, I have a small window to my bathroom which is barred, a large window to the back patio which is barred, and there is an interior glass window.  Before I always thought it was so odd to have these interior windows, but I was very thankful for it yesterday because it became my only entry point.  The window is made of glass plates that fit inside a metal frame and a knob can be turned to open the window.  Jasser told me he remembered the strategy that he and Hazzell used before, so we took out the glass plates and I attempted to climb through the window, which was not going so well.  Then, Jasser got out a big stick and was able to push the handle on the inside door lock and the door opened.  What a relief!

1 comment:

  1. what a crackup. spare key to come ,huh..love you tons,,

    ReplyDelete