Thursday, July 5, 2012

Status Update

So I'm here in Maryland, enjoying the lake life.  Sorry for not keeping up with my blog.  I've been super busy, but good busy.  The first couple of days I drug Frank around to stores such as Target to pick up some things I can't get in Nicaragua, which he wasn't entirely chipper about, but he did get some new shoes so that made him happy.

We went out for Mexican food and I got my fill on chips and salsa which kept a smile on my face all night.  Frank and I went to Baltimore too and walked around the inner harbor and over to Fort McHenry--that's a long story!  It was 100+ degrees out and Frank decided we should just walk to the Fort because it didn't look too far away on the map.  It was more than 5 miles.  Not fun.  I got a cold from the airplane ride so my sinuses were all crazy so I was exhausted and definitely whiny.  After we got to the Fort,we realized that there are free buses that go around town that we could have taken.  Ugh.  Needless to say, we took the bus back and it was so nice since it had AC too :)

Frank and I got to spend some time with his family before his dad and brothers headed out for their scout trip in New Mexico.  It was nice to hang out at the house again.  We're at the lake now and have been since Sunday. It's been wonderful.  Frank and I have been sailing, out boating and tubing with the others, eaten lots of delicious American food, and even cooked Nica food for "our" night to make dinner.  Everybody loved it too.

This is a short blog just to update you all on things I've been doing.  I'll post pictures later.  I just don't wanna spend too much time on here while I have such a short time left in Maryland.  It's been great so far and I don't wanna have to say goodbye to the family, but hopefully I'll be seeing them again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment