Monday, July 25, 2011

And a party unfolds...


I started decorating for Jasser’s birthday the night before his actual birthday and then Ruth told me we should talk to her mom about buying some food and drinks, and then later she suggested a cake.  What a novel idea for a birthday party haha  Anyway, as the decorating continued, the plans started rolling in slowly but surely.  Jasser came home Friday night (his birthday was Saturday) so he got to see the decorations I put up and he was definitely surprised. 



Since Jasser is my buddy here, I took him out to ice cream that night to celebrate a little early.  There was a concert in the park so we stayed awhile and listened, sang, and danced :)



The next day (his actual birthday) was a slow day as plans were sort of up in the air lingering just waiting to pulled down and put in place.  For me, being a planner and needing to know what’s going on, this was difficult, but I was patient.  Ruth’s husband Diner, and his family came from Granada to stay for the weekend and celebrate Jasser’s birthday.  It was nice to everyone in the house, but a little crazy too. 

Things finally started coming together in the evening as the food was cooking and wonderful smells began to fill the house.  The cake arrived and man do they love their cakes.


Jasser invited some friends over and we all hung out for awhile.  They also hired some people to come play the marimba (a traditional instrument like the xylophone that has a traditional dance as well—very popular in Masaya, so it was familiar to me).  We danced, sang, ate cake, and smashed some cake in Jasser’s face. 








After the party was wrapping up at the house, Jasser, some of his friends, and I went out to a club in Boaco and danced the night away.

I talked the bouncer into giving Jasser a free ticket into the club because it was his birthday :)


When we came home around 1am, we were a little hungry so we snacked on some leftover cake—there was a lot of cake left, but we managed to finish what was left in the Tupperware dish :)

Although I had quite a fun-filled weekend, the highlight for me was chatting with Frank last night.  I missed my man.  He even called me on Skype so we could see each other :)  He had been sick and didn’t have a great weekend so it was nice to talk to him and make him laugh.  I was being pretty silly so he took some snapshots of me.

I was doing the horse face/sound
Me with a mustache and beard.

2 comments:

  1. looks like jasser had a super b-day...you are a great sis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiddo; It looks like Jasser had a great Birthday party. With all of the other celebrations going on in the comunity where you live there is hardly any time for school work. I know that the schools are closed for vacation how about class prep work?? Anyway we hope that you have a good Birthday and hopefully Frank can spend some time with you. A small gift was sent your way 7.26.2011. Our love Grandpa & grandma.

    ReplyDelete