Monday, May 23, 2011

Swimming and Celebrating

This past Thursday was Frank's birthday and he wanted to go to Granada and the Laguna de Apoyo (between Granada & Catarina) to celebrate.  The Laguna is what you've seen in my pictures from el mirador (the lookout) in Catarina--went there with my parents & Frank's family over Semana Santa, but not down to the water.  Anyway, we went to Granada first and stayed at the same hostel before with the pool--so refreshing in this heat!!  The water was so cool and then the showers were warm--how awesome!  I took 3 showers just to soak that up haha

Then we went out to dinner to celebrate Frank's birthday.  We got drinks for happy hour, then he got a nice steak dinner and we got a dessert to share.  I brought a candle to make it official.



Happy Birthday!
After celebrating in Granada, we took a shuttle down to the Laguna to the sister hostel of the one we stayed at in Granada.  It was beautiful!!





We went swimming and kayaking here a lot (and now I'm very sunburnt!) and it was such a great time.  There weren't many people there, the owners were super nice, and we got to cook our own food at their kitchen--we can't afford to eat out all the time haha  It was great though--we had fun cooking together and enjoying the beautiful surroundings.  I feel so blessed to be able to experience all this and it's so wonderful to have someone to share it with :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Looks like you had a fun time. I think someone else has a birthday coming up soon.;)
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I think you're right! Mine is in a little over 2 months! Haha I know yours is closer though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do think dad meant your and ty's bday tho...talk soon,luv u

    ReplyDelete