Saturday, May 14, 2011

Creepy Crawly Critters


I didn’t think I was scared of cockroaches until one scurried into my room the other day.  I have chased some down in the kitchen and swept some out to the back porch, but as I sat on my computer typing away and spotted something moving quickly across my floor in the corner of my eye, I couldn’t help but turn and scream.  I ran over to maybe kick it and it then started climbing up my bags I have on my floor.  My sister ran into my room thinking there was a rat and tried to help move my stuff and it ran under the armoire.  She laughed at my fright and I told her, I just didn’t want him in my room, that’s why I was screaming.  I told her to get the broom and we moved things around and it came out into the light and we both were screaming then, trying to catch it with the broom and get it OUT!  If only someone had made a video of this.  She finally swept it out of my room and into the kitchen and began swinging the broom and hitting it, trying to kill the little rascal, but the rumor is true: it’s almost impossible to kill those darn things!  She swept it outside toward the trash but it ran away and hid under the desk near the door.  There was no way I was letting this guy go because if he came into the house (and my room) once, I’m sure he was gonna do it again.  We moved things again and he came running out and made it in the house again, but this time didn’t get far.  Hazzell smashed it with the broom while I sprayed it with bug repellent because I don’t (yet) own bug spray.  Phew!  We killed it and Hazzell swept it out to the back porch where I’m certain a bird will come to get it soon…hope it doesn’t mind the bug repellent oops!  That definitely caused a lot of excitement in the house and broke up the quietness with only Hazzell and me here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment