Monday, April 9, 2012

Grateful

I definitely enjoyed our little vacation, especially getting to spend time with Frank outside of just a whirlwind weekend.  I was very grateful though for yesterday, Easter Sunday, when Frank & I were able to Skype with his family (parents, bros, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents) and my family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins).  This was really nice to be able to do together.  And even though they did their fair share of bragging about delicious food they were enjoying, it was nice to feel "at home" with our families.  This was really special for me, and Frank too.  I'm really happy that everything worked out to be able to see so many people who we love and miss dearly.  It was the first time for me to see my grandma (Dad's mom) since I had left for Nicaragua almost 20 months ago...wow!  I have been able to call her at home on my Skype phone number over the internet, but it was really special to see her, and I think it was even more special for her.  She'll be celebrating her 80th birthday this Wednesday too :)

Anyway, I sure am thankful for family and friends and it is such a blessing to be able to hear from and see people from back home, especially during the holidays.  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment