Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Poolside

I made a trip over to the aguas termales (hot springs) near Boaco with my host brother yesterday and we had a pretty good time.  We called before to make sure it was open, but we didn't find out until we got there that only 1 of their 6 or so pools were actually open (or filled).  The way this place works is that they take the natural hot spring water and pump it into pools.  There are covered areas around the pools with tables, chairs, and hammocks.  But, if you use a hammock, they'll charge you.  they won't tell you before, but as you leave, they'll call you over and tell you owe them money.  That's what happened to us.  Gosh, one thing I love about the U.S. is good signage. 

Anyway, we had a great time and enjoyed the hot water.  I know it sounds weird because it's already hot here, but it was actually nice and relaxing.  Part of the pool was in the shade and it had an island atmosphere with the palms and hammocks.  I instantly felt like I was in a completely different place.  They were only missing the sand.  Oh, and the fruit smoothies.  They had food and drinks, just way overpriced.  Glad we brought snacks!



3 comments:

  1. You need to take your parents to this place! I want to go too! How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Keep that place on the list of places to visit when we come down.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete