Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rest & Relaxation

Well, my "summer break" went by way too quickly and classes have already started again. I finished the spring semester the first week of this month and then relaxed a little, but felt more lazy than anything. I just really like having a schedule full of things to do, a plan for the day. Sometimes it is nice to decide what to do that day and just hang around the house, but I end up feeling like I haven't gotten much accomplished.

This past weekend I drove over to Washington Family Ranch (formerly Wildhorse Canyon) in central Oregon for the Women's Weekend retreat. I ended up going over there a day early to stay with my friend Sabrina, whom I had done summer staff with 3 years ago at the camp (we worked at the camp). Because I went early, I made the 6 hour trek by myself, but it was a good trip. I had a lot of time to listen to music and really think about life.

I had such a great time being back in the canyon seeing old faces and meeting new ones :) Sabrina (the marathon enthusiast) talked me into going for "just a 4 mile jog" before everyone came in for the weekend. Ugh! I could definitely feel those 2 weeks of not working out haha I pretty much dragged my body through that and barely made it back--I did pick up my pace as I passed by two unidentified snakes and the fear of a cougar jumping out of the tall grass near the road. Fortunately, I was fine and I headed back to camp. Then, my mom and some friends came to start the retreat. I had a wonderful time, but it also felt somewhat odd being at Wildhorse and only seeing women... It was certainly refreshing though. I felt comfortable being myself and enjoyed the time with my mom and her friends. We did the zip-line, big swing, walked around, sat on the little beach, had ice cream, went shopping, and other fun girl things.

I was sad that Sunday came so quickly, but I knew I had to leave the Wildhorse bubble sometime. My mom drove my car with me 2 hours of the trip before we parted way in the gorge and she went back to Keizer with her friends and I went back up to Spokane. After the long drive, I was glad to be back with my roommate Haidy. She's leaving soon and I'm really going to miss her. We've been having some fun shopping trips, getting her necessities to take back to Egypt with her since she won't be coming back (at least not for a long time). Also, as I mentioned, my summer classes have started so I've been busy with that and I have a cold :( I guess my "rest & relaxation" will just have to wait until August...

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you got to get away for a bit. I'm sure you're getting really anxious to start this next adventure in life. Praying for you and that God will use you as a light

    ReplyDelete