Monday, May 24, 2010

Haidy, the Egyptian Princess

So my roommate (or housemate) Haidy, who is from Egypt, is leaving on Thursday to go back home after being in the states for 3 years. For the past 3 weeks or so I've been helping her get things together to leave, but now I'm starting to finally realize that she really is leaving. I'm sad to have to say goodbye because she is a really good friend and I'm not sure when I'll get to see her again. She has offered several times that I can visit her in Egypt, which I would absolutely LOVE to do after I get a paycheck ;)

The other night we seriously considered having me fly over to Egypt with her so I could take her extra suitcases (she has accumulated a large amount of things over the past 3 years)... I thought, well sure I could miss my classes for just one week and make a quick trip to Egypt to check it out, I mean she did offer to buy my plane ticket. After entering back into reality, we decided that wouldn't be the best decision, but we're going to check out some other shipping options for her luggage...cargo, media mail for her books, etc. Hope we can get everything figured out soon! Anyway, just wanted to write something about my special friend and how I'm going to really miss her. She has said that she really wants to go home and see her family, but is really sad to leave all of her friends, classmates, and students. This foreshadows what I assume I will feel after two years in Nicaragua. The bittersweet end to a beautiful journey.

2 comments:

  1. great blog! hope you keep it up while you are away... would be nice to see what you are up to! Sorry that your friend is leaving. however, in this day and age, it's nice because communication is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will try my best to blog while I'm in Nicaragua :) It will be a good way to keep in touch with everyone.

    ReplyDelete