Friday, December 2, 2011

Feeling a bit chilly

I just got back from visiting Frank for a couple days and it sure cooled down a bit up north.  When I got there it felt nice and breezy, but still sunny.  That evening it cooled down a bit and then in the morning I was freezing!  I immediately found Frank's sweater and a pair of tall socks.  Unfortunately, I only had shorts & a tank top for pajamas, as it's usually pretty hot, maybe warm in the evenings, but never cold! 

It warmed up a bit and we went to Matagalpa for the day to pick up some Christmas gifts & spend the day together to celebrate 8 months :)  We bought a small bottle of wine for the occasion which turned into quite an ordeal later when trying to open it without a corkscrew.  We tried many things and then finally just pushed the cork all the way into the bottle.  It worked.  I'm not much of a wine-o, so all wine pretty much tastes the same to me...but it was nice and I felt a little more grown up haha  We made a pasta dinner and Frank brought out the candles and we out on the patio.  It was a nice night and we enjoyed each other's company. 

It wasn't as cold this morning and I'm back in Boaco and it's warm here.  I know for sure that it's hot in Managua and Granada, so visitors don't worry! 





No comments:

Post a Comment