Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebrations

I've been super busy lately, as you can tell by my lack of blogging...  Hazzell's graduation and Dyland's baptism were two weekends ago and then my family (parents, bro, & grandpa) came to visit me for a little over a week and now I'm in Boaco trying to settle down before the next trip.

Hazzell's graduation was cute, but I had to leave a little early with Jasser to get together all the last minute baptism details.  We had to go to a little class to learn what it means to be godparents.  I was a little nervous that they would ask me something in Spanish and I wouldn't understand, with it being about religion and such, but I understood the majority and it went well. 

The baptism itself went well--it was a little hot in the church but Dyland did really well and didn't really fuss until the priest was wiping oil on his forehead and pouring water on his head.  He ended up falling asleep after during the mass photo session.  He was exhausted, but precious as ever.

The after party was a party to the extreme.  Jasser went all out to make this the biggest bash in Boaco.  We had a whole team of people working to put things together right up until start time.  It turned out beautiful and everything went as planned.  There was a good turnout and everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  It was quite an affair for a little one's baptism but these Nicas know how to party.  Frank was there with me and we danced the night away.

Details from my family's visit will come tomorrow as it's pretty late right now and I have a class tomorrow morning.  Until then...










No comments:

Post a Comment