Friday, June 4, 2010

Idaho trip!

Well I was texting my dad last night asking him a cooking question and he wrote "Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm in Idaho for work". Um, what?! Apparently he was in Seattle, then drove with his rep through Washington to Moscow, ID stopping at garden centers here and there. He was having a meeting this morning and then going to head back to Seattle before flying home to Oregon. So, I looked up directions to Moscow and found out that I could drive there in about an hour and forty-five minutes or so and I haven't seen my dad in a month so I thought this would be a fun trip. There's a small catch though--his meeting was scheduled for 9:30-10am, then he would be leaving around noon for Seattle. Ok, well then this meant that I would need to leave around 8am and I'm not a morning a person :( I decided to go for it anyway because I do love my dad :) So, this morning I got up around 7am, ugh!, then ate breakfast, got gas, and headed out for Moscow.





I got to Moscow in record time and actually beat my dad to the meeting. He asked if I was speeding and I said, "I just drove like my dad does" haha Anyway, I meandered around the store checking out all the hot new gardening tools...um, yeah. Fortunately, the meeting was very fast so I talked to my dad while he organized some shelves of his products in the store. We then met up with his rep and went out to lunch at an Italian restaurant. Well, at first we thought we were out of luck because the doors were locked. Apparently nobody eats lunch at 10:45am... They let us in anyway and the waiter came quickly to take drink orders as he was still putting on his name-tag.

It was so nice spending time with my dad and sharing a meal. I know my mom was a little (hmmm, maybe more than a little) jealous of me spending time with my dad without her, but I did just spend a whole weekend with her a few weeks ago, so I think that made up for it. Anyway, we had lunch and then sat around for a little while chatting before they had to get back on the road. This trip was pretty crazy, getting up way early (yes 7am is way early for me), driving an hour and a half to Moscow, then spending about an hour and a half with my dad, then driving an hour and a half back to Spokane. Even though the drive time was long and then shared time was short, it was well worth it. What I realized from this is that we never know how much time we have to see people or how much time we have here, so embrace life and take chances. Spend quality time with those you love any chance you get.

6 comments:

  1. yes i was jealous, but I will survive...till you visit in 3 weeks...love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was sweet! I am not a morning person either so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be in Idaho around the 23rd-28th - You going to make the trip to come see me:) hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in Idaho will you be??

    ReplyDelete